Post-doom: what opens up when we remember who we are, accept what is inevitable, and invest in what is pro-future and soul-nourishing.
Doom: the mid-point between denial and regeneration...with or without us.
Not everyone finds language of "doom" or "post-doom" helpful, but for many…
A post-doom heart and mindset means living, loving, and relating honorably with full awareness that…
• There are dimensions of abrupt climate change beyond human control.
• Our ecological predicament encompasses all aspects of life.
• Climate is not our biggest problem; overshoot is (climate chaos is but a symptom).
• Human-centered measures of progress and wellbeing are ecocidal and self-terminating.
• Human-centered technology and the market are false gods, creating hell on Earth.
• The extinction of Homo colossus (rapacious industrial humanity) is both inevitable and necessary.
• The extinction of Homo sapiens this century or next cannot be ruled out.
A post-doom mindset is a hard-earned and often fluctuating state of being. Classic stages of grief mark a well-worn path. However, mere acceptance of what is unavoidable need not be the endpoint.
This website is home to a conversation series highlighting personal stories, perspectives, worldviews, and tools that go beyond emotional detachment, stoic resolve, and spiritual transcendence. For example...
What shifts in perception, understanding, relating, and identity become possible when we walk through a post-doom doorway? How do priorities, lifeways, and outer-world involvements shift and clarify on the other side? And how can such changes call forth genuine equanimity, even joy?